Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

Lately, I've been obsessed with cleaning my room. It's a big project. Also, I've been reading some new manga. One of them is a short 4-volume series called The Name of the Flower. It made me laugh out loud and smile with satisfaction when I came upon this page in volume 3 of the manga. (Read the text from the top-right corner to the bottom-left corner - for those unfamiliar with Japanese comics.)


A couple of pages later, Chouko suggests that Kei could make better progress if he didn't stop to read the books he's putting away - something else I can relate to. ^_^

6 comments:

I too love this series of Manga, haven't had the chance to read the 3rd volume yet though. You and Kei are really alot alike - but also different (your younger)! Love the change of you profile photo too, very appropriate I think.

July 14, 2010 at 6:33 PM  

Yeah, I'd say The Name of the Flower is probably the best new manga series I've discovered in a while. Kei is rather like a darker version of me in certain respects. Volume 3 sheds a lot of light on his youth and the cause of his depression. I'm sure you'll find it very interesting. I should write a proper review of this series sometime soon.

July 14, 2010 at 7:45 PM  

I would like to read a review of this series by you, I feel your insight into the characters would be interesting. Please post it here when you get around to it ok? That is once I've read the third and fourth volume that is - lol.

July 14, 2010 at 9:36 PM  

Seeing that did spark in my mind the this question: where the last two from? That one did look like you.

July 15, 2010 at 3:09 PM  

BTW, did you ever get the paper stormtrooper?

July 15, 2010 at 3:11 PM  

The last two profile pictures I had were from miscellaneous anime art I found somewhere online. I don't recall the name of the character or the title of the anime he was in.

I did get the paper stormtrooper. It looks cool, but very complicated to construct.

July 15, 2010 at 3:39 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home